Thursday, June 23, 2011

Your Book Reviews from Summer Reading Booklogs

Each week, we'll post some of your reviews. Reminder: You get an extra entry in the raffle drawing for the iPod Nanos and other prizes when you submit a review of at least 50 words.

Freeze Frame by Heidi Ayarbe, Teen Fic Ayarbe
I really loved Freeze Frame because it was very intense and kept me reading the whole time. The characters seemed so real to me and it made me feel like I was in the book! I actually e-mailed the author Heidi Ayarbe and told her how much I liked the book. The main character Kyle amazed me with his personality and the stage of his morality. Overall a fabulous book! -- Sam, Grade 9

Num8ers by Rachel Ward, Teen Fic Ward
I read the book Num8ers by Rachel Ward. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It is about a girl named Jem, who has a special power. Whenever she makes eye contact with someone, she see's a sequence of six numbers, the exact day they will die. When she is at an amusement park with her friend Spider, and see's that all the people there are going to die that day, she knows something is wrong. She and Spider run away, and are soon on the run from the police. The book tells about her journey through a relationship, being on the run, and surviving. I really enjoyed the ending, because it had a great twist. Ward finished up nicely with a thought provoking epilogue, the perfect end to a perfect story. -- Haley, Grade 9

At First Sight; Dear John; The Lucky One; and The Wedding;
all by Nicholas Sparks,
Fic Sparks
I really enjoyed the all of these books because they are all classic love stories. I personally prefer The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks because we are all lucky to find that "one special person". The thing I liked was that a soldier found a picture of a girl and it all of a sudden made him lucky. Later he goes on a search for the girl, thinking that he owed her something because her picture saved his life. When he found her, by chance, they fell in love. And that's what love is in a way, luck. -- Samantha, Grade 10

Exodus by Julie Bertagna, Teen Fic Bertagna (Sequel is Zenith)
Exodus by Julie Bertagna is a very good book to read. Exodus takes place in the year 2100. In this future world, Earth hardly exists any more. Resulting from pollution, the ice caps and glaciers are rapidly melting. With more and more ice melting, storms are growing more and more intense and the waters on Earth are rapidly rising, causing many towns and villages to submerge and disappear into the sea. With the help of an elderly man, Mara, a 15-year old girl living on one of the last islands still in existence, begins to realize the danger that her village is in from the rising waters. Refuge has to be found, and quickly! -- Amy, Grade 9

No comments: